Nacho Figueras is due to return to the polo pitch this Sunday at the Piaget Polo Challenge to raise money for the Robin Hood NYC charity, after breaking his hip playing polo in the UK back in May of this year.
Nacho spent much of the UK polo season recovering from his injury in Europe and at his farm in Argentina. He had previously said in interviews that this polo injury was the worst he has had in his polo career and that as a result of the time it would need to heal, it meant the longest time he’s been away from the game for so long.
he 2013 Piaget Hamptons Cup Polo Match is scheduled to start at 3pm and finish around 7pm on Sunday 11th August at Joe DiMenna’s Equuleus Polo Club in Watermill, New York.
The event will benefit the Robin hood Foundation, whose mission is to fight poverty in New York.
Figueras, playing in his first polo game since his accident, will play on the St Regis Hotel & Resorts team and will be joined by Joe DiMenna, Mariano Aguerre and Mariano Gonzalez. They will face a Credit Suisse team comprised of Stefano Natella, Francisco Ayala, Magoo Laprida and Juan Martin Nero.
Nacho said “It’s all about the charity” and frequently plays charity polo matches around the world.
We look forward to seeing Nacho back playing polo throughout the rest of the season and wish him and his team the best in the match this weekend.
- Argentine polo superstar Nacho Figueras feared he was paralysed (looksouthtours.wordpress.com)
- Nacho Figueras channels James Bond in latest Ralph Lauren “Polo Red” commercial (looksouthtours.wordpress.com)
- Argentine polo legend Nacho Figueras says Prince Harry will be a great Uncle (looksouthtours.wordpress.com)
- Ralph Lauren Launches Polo Red Fragrance (shoppingblog.com)
- BREAKING – Wellington Polo Star Nacho Figueras Back in Saddle! (gossipextra.com)